Sweet & Savory Redfish Tacos
Daniel Garcia with STX Smokers
fresh red fish on the half shell
6 oz. container fried onion
4 tbsp Sweet and Savory Seasoning
1/4 cup ranch dressing
1 stick butter
1 cup cabbage, shredded
1 avocado, diced
1/2 cup queso fresco
1/2 cup creamy cilantro sauce
Put fried onions in a bag and break up with a meat tenderizer hammer into small crumbs.
- Drizzle ranch dressing on meat side of red fish and spread out to cover the fish.
- Season fish with Sweet and Savory.
Spread broken up fried onion on top of red fish. The ranch dressing will work as a binder.
- Cut butter and place on top of red fish. Season again with sweet and savory.
- One chimney of Blues Hog Premium Charcoal Briquettes (burn till top ashes over)
- Spread ashes in the pit and clean grades.
Once pit is ready, place red fish skin down with a couple pads of butter.
Cook until fish is flaky. Shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes.
Once the fish is ready, heat up some corn tortillas and add fish.
Top with cabbage, avocado, queso fresco and creamy cilantro sauce.