Pineapple Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
Janice Smella with SmellaQue
Warm up smoker to 350ºF or Gateway Drum Smoker to 300ºF.
In a large pan, heavily season meat side of chicken thighs with Sweet & Savory seasoning.
In 15 minutes, flip chicken thighs over and heavily season with more Sweet & Savory Seasoning.
- When smoker is warmed up, place thighs on grill with skin side up and cook for 15 minutes.
- Flip chicken, skin side down onto the grill and cook for 20 minutes.
- Increase temperature on smoker up to 400ºF.
- If using Gateway Drum Smoker, drop grill on the Gateway Drum Smoker onto middle rack for more heat coming from the bottom. Place chicken thighs back onto Gateway Drum Smoker with the skin side down.
- Let chicken thigh skin render and sizzle about 5-10 minutes until internal temperature of chicken is 180ºF.
- Rest chicken for at least 10 minutes and serve with Pineapple Sauce.
Pineapple Honey Mustard Sauce
- In a small saucepan, whisk cornstarch, kosher salt, brown sugar, cayenne pepper (optional) and crushed pineapple and juices until combined.
- Turn stove on low heat and allow sauce to come to low boil.
- Whisk in Blues Hog Honey Mustard.
- Bring saucepan contents to low boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes until sauce is thickened and homogenous.
Recipe Created By
Janice Smella, SmellaQue
As head cook for SmellaQue, the 2018 and 2019 Canadian BBQ Team of the Year, smoking and cooking outdoors is a huge passion for Janice. Her success as a BBQ team has enabled invitations to cook at the American Royal World Series of BBQ, Jack Daniels World Championship BBQ and Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest.