- Beef Tri Tip
- Blues Hog Beef Marinade
- Blue Hog Bold & Beefy Seasoning
- Blue Hog Sweet & Savory Seasoning
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ Cup Parsley, Fine Chopped
- ¼ Cup Cilantro, Fine Chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- Few Shakes Of Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- Chop the herbs and mince the garlic.
- Combine all chimichurri ingredients together and let rest overnight in the refrigerator.
- Coat the tri-tip lightly with Blues Hog Beef Marinade and let sit in the refrigerator overnight or a few hours before cooking.
- Preheat a smoker to 275º and light a charcoal grill. (We recommend using Blues Hog Premium Charcoal Briquettes.)
- Season the tri-tip with Blues Hog Bold & Beefy Seasoning, then also with sweet and savory
- Allow meat to sweat out for around 30 min.
- Smoke the tri-tip until it reaches an internal temperature around 125º-130º.
- Transfer tri-tip to a charcoal grill and sear each side for a few min until the internal temperature reaches 135º-140º for a medium rare cook.
- Once the meat reaches the desired doneness, wrap tri-tip in foil and let rest for a few minutes.
- Slice against the grain and serve with chimichurri sauce over top.
Recipe Created By
Daniel Garcia, STX Smokers