2 28 oz. cans of your favorite baked beans
- 1 lb of bacon
- 3 medium-sized peaches
- 1 medium-sized white onion
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 oz of your favorite bourbon
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup of Blues Hog Smokey Mountain Sauce
- 2 tbsp of Blues Hog Original Dry Rub Seasoning
- 1 tbsp of dijon mustard
- Place cast iron skillet over direct heat on grill and fry bacon until it’s browned but still soft. Use tongs to remove bacon from skillet and drain on a paper towel. Reserve bacon fat in skillet.
- Chop peaches, white onion, and green bell pepper into bite size pieces and mince garlic. Cook peaches, onion, pepper, and garlic over medium high heat in cast iron skillet for a couple of minutes using leftover bacon fat until onions and garlic start to become translucent.
- Add salt and pepper to vegetables in skillet and cook for another minute.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the top of peaches, onions, green pepper, and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add bourbon to skillet and cook for another minute, stirring frequently.
- Add beans to cast iron pot along with sliced jalapenos, Blues Hog Smokey Mountain sauce, Blues Hog Original Dry Rub, and dijon mustard, giving a quick stir to blend everything together.
- Pour skillet full of peaches, onion, pepper, garlic, brown sugar, and bourbon into the pot and stir.
- Chop drained bacon into bite sized pieces and add to the cast iron pot and stir.
- Feel free to add a little more salt, pepper, brown sugar, Blues Hog sauce, Blues Hog rub, or bourbon, as desired. Sample the bourbon first, just to make sure.
- Add cast iron pot to grill and cook at 300ºF for 1½ to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cast iron pot full of beans from the grill and enjoy as a side dish with your favorite barbecue meal!
Recipe Created By
Ryan Cooper, BBQ Tourist