- ½ Cup Blues Hog Beef Marinade
- 2 Cups Water
- 6 oz Midwest Mex Steak/Fajita Marinade
- 2 lbs skirt steak
- Blues Hog Bold and Beefy Seasoning
- Corn Tortillas
- Diced Onions
- Diced Cilantro
- Cotija cheese
- Lime Wedges
- Mix Blues Hog Beef Marinade, Water and Midwest Mex Marinade until well blended. Set aside.
- Cut up skirt steak into small cubes
- Place steak pieces and marinade mix in gallon size Ziploc bag for 30-60 minutes.
- Fire up the Gateway Drum smoker and let it get up to temperature. We like to cook our steak really hot and fast, so we get the drum to at least 500 degrees.
- Remove steak from bag and dry off excess marinade mix. Season with Blues Hog Bold and Beefy Rub.
- We use grill grates upside down on the drum, so they act like a flattop to get a good char on the steak. Cook steak in small batches, flipping frequently to get an even char on all sides.
- After the steak is done, heat up your corn tortillas on the grill grates.
- Build your tacos how you like them with steak, onions, cilantro, cotija cheese and a splash of lime juice.
Recipe Created By
Ryan Murphy, Dirt Road BBQ