- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Raspberry Coffee Cake
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ¾ cup buttermilk,
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
Raspberry Chipotle Glaze
- 4 tablespoons Blues Hog Raspberry chipotle Sauce
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar
- 4-8 tbsp water (depending on how thick you want glaze)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- Mix the streusel together in a small bowl, using a fork to work the butter into the flour and sugar until the butter is evenly dispersed and the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy in a stand mixer. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Beat in the egg until completely incorporated, scraping down the bowl again. Then beat in the buttermilk and extract. The mixture may look curdled.
- Blend in the baking powder and salt, then fold in the flour. Finally fold in the frozen raspberries, stirring just enough to get them evenly distributed. Turn the batter into your prepared pan and smooth out evenly. Spread ¼ cup Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle Sauce over top of the batter. Sprinkle the streusel over the top of the sauce.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until just beginning to turn golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil if it seems to be browning too quickly.
- Mix together glaze and set aside.
- When done, remove from oven and drizzle glaze on while warm. Cool at least 10 minutes in the pan, then gently loosen and remove the sides.