- 3 lbs Whole Chicken Wings
- Blues Hog Sweet & Savory
- ½ stick Butter
- ¼ cup Blues Hog Tennessee Red BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup Blues Hog Champions Blend BBQ sauce
- Prepare grill for cooking using a vortex, with one grill grate down the middle
- Remove chicken wings from packaging and cut wing tips off and continue to cut and separate drums and flats - season all sides with Blues Hog Sweet and Savory
- Place the 4-5 wings on the grill grate for 1 min each directly over the vortex ... this is just to get the jail bird lines. After the lines are set move to the indirect side of the grill, towards the outside of the cooking grate. Continue the same with 4-5 more wings until all wings have grill marks and have been moved to the indirect
- Grill wings for 30-40 minutes turning occasionally for even cooking.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt ½ stick of butter. Add both BBQ sauces and heat to simmer while the wings cook.
- Wings are done when internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165º
- Toss the grilled wings in the sauce in a half pan or large bowl.
- Place all wings back on the grill to set the sauce.. approximately 10 minutes
- Serve wings with the extra BBQ sauce
Recipe Created By
Bill Purvis, Chicken Fried BBQ